Wednesday 27 January 2010

Still The Same

I played twice over the last couple of days. Once at Blair Atholl in the Longdon Trophy on Sunday, and in the Wednesday Winter League today at Blair Atholl.
I am fed up with coming off the course dissapointed. I once again didnt break 100 today. My golf is crap and I dont know what to do about it. This has been going on for 18 months now, and unles something happens soon I am going to have another 12 months of feeling like this. Fact is that in 2008 I played 29 tournaments at Pitlochry and got my handicap down to 11. Through the winter of 2008/2009 my game started to deteriorate to the extent that my confidence is so low that in 2009 I played just 7 tournaments at Pitlochry and only broke 100 twice. Handicap is 14 now but realistically I am playing to 25-27ish. I just dont know . I DO know the little chips shots that I CANNOT do anymore are a major contribution to my decline. Ive tried lessons, no good. Ive practised hour upon hour, day upon day on my own to rectify the chip shots, still no good.
So what to do ? Maybe I will play as many medals, comps etc that I can both at Blair Athol & Pitlochry and let my handicap slide back to the level Im playing and start all over again. Sooo damn dissapointing and frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment